As promised a picture post of my finished Spools and Nine Patch Quilt. I do love how it has turned out; I love the bright colors, that the fabrics were pulled entirely from stash, and whilst in progress unplanned changes were made - adding the alternating nine-patch block - that affected the final quilt layout and added so much interest to the design.
As usual the quilting has added minimal visual detail but that is not to say that this quilt is lightly quilted. I have ditch stitched all vertical and horizontal seam lines, effectively creating an overall 2 inch grid of intersecting straight lines, and thereby adding a hint of texture. I generally use a low loft cotton batting (Matilda's Own brand) which leaves the quilt with a lovely soft drape and a supple finish.
For the back of the quilt I have used a single red polka dot fabric on a white background from the Delilah collection by Tanya Whelan. This classic fabric has been in my stash for a while and I must have purchased close to a bolt of it as I have used it as a backing fabric a number of times.
And I have finished the quilt with a black/white stripe fabric and machine stitched binding. I am consistent and predictable.
This quilt was listed for sale in my Etsy Store. It has already sold.
Spool and Nine Patch Quilt TUTORIAL
Spool and Nine Patch Quilt - Work in Progress
More scrap and stash busting projects