I thought I would share with you what I have been up to this week, and it's been busy and fun: more fabric play!
Seaside by October Afternoon for Riley Blake.
The Seaside range is a collection of printed and solid fabrics that has a cozy vintage and beach-side feel about it. I think I was immediately drawn to this collection because of the simple graphic (and numerous small scale) prints as well as the saturated colors.
Individually there are numerous fabrics in this collection that represent excellent fabric stash basics, including the Red Polka Dot (great for s[t]ashing!) as well as the Bikini Floral (top right) in Red, Yellow and Blue.
I started by selecting a number of Seaside prints in the warmer tones - yellows/reds - and then pulled additional fabrics from stash. From top to bottom they are:
- Japanese import floral (possibly Kei)
- Sea Birds in Schooner - Bella - Lotta Jansdotter
- Flying Geese Stripe in Yellow - Quilt Blocks - Ellen Luckett Baker
- Full Moon Polka Dot in Lime by Amy Buter
- Pirate Stripe in Red - Out to Sea - Sarah Jane
- Gingham in Orange
- Large Black Polka Dot - Sevenberry (made in Japan)
- Lecien - Color Basics - Dot in grey
- Mona Pez in Orange (Moda)
- Dick & Jane text fabric by Michael Miller (no longer available)
Seaside by October Afternoon for Riley Blake is available from:
The Fat Quarter Shop
Pink Castle Fabrics