This sunny bundle of Liberty Tana Lawn (from Westwood Acres) arrived at my house late last week. It is such a pretty rainbow of fabric and after one of THOSE days of sewing - where nothing goes to plan and all of Monday's efforts ended up in the bin - I turned to my Liberty Stash and started on some Christmas sewing projects.
Two sets of Oven Mitts and Potholders.
Some of the details:
- I have used the oven mitt template from the book Quilts by Denyse Schmidt.
- Simple patchwork (1.5 inches finished) squares for the outside of the mitts and potholders.
- Fabrics used are Liberty Tana Lawn and Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in Flax
- Lined with a layer of 100% cotton batting as well as a layer of Insul Brite
- Bias binding for the oven mitts and potholders.
They are almost too pretty to use! I am however a very practical person and wouldn't hesitate using these, throwing them in the washing machine and pegging them on the line. These oven mitts and potholders have been made to serve.
It feels good to make and gift handmade this Christmas and there is nothing like leaving it till the last week or so is there? I think I work better under pressure, well that's my excuse anyway. Are you busy making last minute Christmas gifts?