It's been a world of Log Cabin Blocks here!
Over the last week or so I have made 80 Log Cabin blocks for a custom quilt order that will eventually be heading all the way to Ireland. (This quilt is based on the original Neutral Study Quilt made in May 2012. See this previous blog post for all the details of the original quilt: Neutral Study Quilt)
What I have learned is that I am super slow at piecing log cabins. I like to press (and trim) each log as I go and then choose the next fabric/log. Without taking over the whole house, I am unable to set myself up to ensure a more efficient flow of work, and as such I got up from behind my sewing machine, let's see ...
80 Log Cabin Blocks
8 logs/seams for each block
piecing two blocks at a time:
I got up to press and trim: 320 times!
(and it felt like: 2000 times)
Once all 80 log cabin blocks were completed the quilt top came together effortlessly. I am keen to get started on the quilting. Let's hope I can push through the usual basting procrastination phase quickly this time.