And with a full day at the machine yesterday quilting like a woman possessed, and this morning again to finish the binding, the Milk and Cookies quilt is finished:
- Aunty Cookie (Shannon Lamden) - a variety of limited edition hand screen printed fabrics in grey on a white background.
- Amy Butler ~ Lotus - Wallflower in Cherry
- Joelle Hoverson ~ Cake Rock Beach for Moda - Eclipse (Water - Large blue dot)
- Lizzy House ~ Red Letter Day - Pearl Bracelet in Pond
- Cosmo Cricket - Tailor Made measuring tape in White
- Assorted stripes in grey, blue and black
- Kei Honeycomb in Grey
For backing fabric I have chosen a fun print from the Sherbet Pips collection by Aneela Hoey; a little extravagant but definitely warranted for a quilt with such special prints. (See a full image of the quilt back: here).
Again, I have quilted with horizontal and vertical straight lines, stitching from edge to edge along both sides of all seam lines twice. Twice the work, but well worth the effect.
For binding fabric I have chosen a soft grey/red/white stripe (Lecien - Color Basics). It is a subtle finish/edge for this quilt which is really all it needed.
Quilt Design: Simple squares - it doesn't get any easier than that. The large squares measure 5 1/2 inches and the row of small squares measure 3 1/2 inches (all measurements include seam allowances). All fabric squares were laid out on my design floor, and re-arranged until I was happy, prior to starting the piecing. Piecing was done by sewing the squares in the vertical (longer) rows first, and then sewing the rows together into a quilt top.
I have listed this quilt in my Etsy Store:
The listing can be found right here: Milk and Cookies @ Etsy.
Thank you for stopping by,