It's finished! I have finished my latest quilt, and it was a pleasure to work with all of these fabrics. The shot cotton (SC67 - grey) by Kaffe Fassett was easy to piece with and I encountered no problems matching it with a standard quilting cotton. It is light weight, drapes beautifully and adds a subtle shift in color. I liked working with the shot cotton and in particular this colorway so much that I have in fact ordered more.
And for the back of the quilt ... I have used some of the leftover pieces of fabric from the front of the quilt to piece the quilt back. It is such a pretty quilt back and makes for a truly reversible quilt!
Some of the details:
- Printed Fabrics: Flower Sugar by Lecien and Delilah by Tanya Whelan
- Solid Fabric: Shot Cotton by Kaffe Fassett SC067
- Design: Half Square Triangles ~ Piece 6 inch units (includes the seam allowances)
- 11 rows x 14 columns: Total of 154 Half Square Triangle blocks
- Finished size: 61 inches x 77.5 inches
- Hours of straight line quilting - estimating 8 hours.
- 7 binding strips cut @ 2.25 inches ~ red and white stripe fabric seemed to be the obvious choice.
With a little detail added here and there straight from the selvage of the fabric.
This quilt is listed for sale in my Etsy Store. You can find the listing here.
Thank you for stopping by,