I chose to quilt it just like in the magazine as the straight line quilting style really appeals to me. Although initially I thought it was going to be a disaster as the quilt top was pulling up or down depending on the direction I was stitching in, the quilting has added great interest and detail to the quilt top.
It is quilted with straight lines quite close together, and I was worried that any wobbles in the lines would be obvious (and they are), but I have decided that I can very much live with this quilting style. I like it.
And I also pieced the back (the solid fabric here is Kaufman Kona Cotton in Ash):
It took about 7 hours to quilt this quilt, not including the time it took to baste it, but it does include the time it took to unpick about ten rows of stitching when I had apparently bumped the tension knob! (Talk about tension!)
Today I am hoping to sew the binding onto this quilt. This has been a great stash busting project. All fabrics used are from stash, no purchases made, including the batting. (I used Matilda's Own Cotton/Wool blend batting).