Today a more detailed post of my Add it Up Variation Quilt using a liberated Slice and Dice technique as inspired by Jacquie and Katie's Quilting Modern book.
As you can see I really had a good time using this improvisation technique, piecing and patching at random. Once I got the hang of the general technique there was no stopping me!
All solid fabrics used are Robert Kaufman Kona Cottons ~
Red (Organic), Orange (Organic), Marigold (Organic),
Chartreuse, and White.
For the back of the quilt I have used a leftover piece of - brand new - Orla Kiely Duvet Cover (previously used for the back of the Echo quilt as well as the Flock of Flying Geese Quilt). This is such an amazing design and I have loved incorporating it into my quilts.
No problems were encountered in quilting the bed sheet or any other part of the rather closely spaced grid. These closely spaced quilting lines are a lot more forgiving in regard to tucks and puckers than you would think. Once you've quilted all the lines in one direction (I tend to stitch the vertical - longer - lines first), the second set of stitching lines are done at speed!
Once again I have used a black/white stripe fabric for binding; this a Japanese import fabric - without selvage description - and a variation in stripe width, more white than black, a perfect balance for this quilt.
Although at first glance this quilt is unlike most of my other quilt projects, I think there is still quite a bit of my usual orderly style represented here including the regular block size, the use of fabric and color, and quilting style. It's hard to step completely outside of my square and I think I only just crossed the line of improvisation.
My Etsy Store has been updated!
You can view the listing here: Slice and Dice Quilt
Thank you for stopping by!