It's been great sewing weather this week, cold and rainy. Autumn. My favorite season. Although the overcast and grey conditions are not so good for my photography skills, or lack thereof.
It has also been a week of testing my sewing skills. My Bernina (820) which I use for all of my piecing and quilting - and rely upon - has gone to the workshop for much needed repair and service. The backup Juki came out of the closet and had to step up to the plate. The Juki is a straight stitch only machine and an absolute workhorse. I have LOVED sewing with it! Even the quilting was a breeze once I realized that a simple adjustment of the presser foot pressure was all that was needed to solve the feed problems. It feels like I have passed a sewing skills test.
This custom quilt measures approx 46 inches x 46 inches and has been backed with Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton in Chartreuse. I've quilted a grid of horizontal and vertical (double lines) lines as well diagonal lines intersecting in the center of each block.
Many of the fabrics in this quilt are from my scrap bin, but I have also added fabrics from stash to ensure a balance of colors (with a hint of citrus-y colors as requested) and prints. I have used a black/white stripe fabric for binding, the same as the original Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt.
This quilt is ready for shipping! I am already planning my next project. Maybe a tidy-up is required before I start pulling out more fabric.
Thank you for stopping by,