More sewing this week with a mix of new and reclaimed striped fabrics offset with Robert Kaufman Kona Solid White giving this quilt an overall nautical/summer sentiment. For the record the reclaimed prints are from Whimsiedots on Etsy whereas the new prints include some Yuwa Big Stripes, From Little Things Stripes by Sarah Fielke, and fussy cut Kaffe Fassett Marquee Panels.
The back of the quilt is pieced and features a large panel of Alexander Henry's Spotted Owl print which I have been saving to use for a special quilt back for some time now.
Quilted with straight lines ~ from edge to edge ~ first by stitching a 1/4 inch distance from either side of all seam lines, followed by diagonal lines in both directions through the white rectangles only.
Some quick details:
- The finished quilt measures: 46 inches x 60 inches
- The fabrics are a mix of old and new ~ all stripes.
- Solid fabric is Robert Kaufman - Kona Cotton Solid ~ White
- The reclaimed fabrics are from WhimsieDots (Etsy)
- Binding fabric: Yuwa Big Stripe
- The design is super simple - cut rectangles 4 inches x 7 inches and alternate a printed stripe fabric with a the solid fabric.
I have updated my Etsy Store. You can find the listing for this quilt: here.