Yesterday's goal was to prepare a quilt back for the HST Overload Quilt top, as well as prepare the batting (soaking - extracting - tumble drying), and then baste the quilt sandwich. (You can read more about batting and basting here in this previous post).
These tasks were finally accomplished after much procrastination. Today I am sporting a bruise on my knee from basting - crawling around on the floor has its hazards - and sore fingers from all those pins.
I have started quilting and am pleased with the progress and how well the quilt sandwich has basted. No shifting, no puckering. As much as I dislike the basting process, I take comfort from the fact that the pin basting method delivers good results every time. Changing basting methods now that I've got it down pat is just plain scary!