Finished! And I have had the opportunity to take some decent photos, so here follows a rather picture heavy post.
There are 26 different fabrics in the Amy Butler "Love" range and I used approximately 6 to 7 squares from each of the fabrics. The squares measured 4 inches at the cutting stage. A total of 169 squares were cut to form 13 rows by 13 columns. The finished quilt measures 46 inches x 46 inches.
The back of the quilt is also pieced. Although I really wanted to make the back of the quilt from more of the AB fabrics, I ran out of fat quarters with sufficiently wide enough pieces of fabric (due to inadequate planning on my behalf!) for each of the 11 inch squares. As a result I have added an alternating Kona Cotton Solid in Ash around the outside. I think it works well. I am also pleased with how well centered the backing is this time! A tricky task, but works much better when you also mark the center lines of the backing onto the batting.
The quilting is again very simple, just a matter of outlining the seam lines, (approximately 1/4 inch on either side of the seams), using the inner edge of my walking foot as a guide. I also adjust the needle position on my sewing machine to give a fairly generous 1/4 inch.
The binding was added without much hesitation this time. I think this quilt really need a quiet print as binding, one without too much color and pattern variation. .
I have chosen Bali Gate in Periwinkle from the Love range for the binding.
As all of the printed fabrics in this quilt are from the one fabric range, I have made a label from the selvage. It reads "Love - Amy Butler") It is doubled over and tucked into the binding in the diagonally opposite corner to my own label. An understated tribute to Amy Butler's retro but very modern fabric range.