I first outlined all the seams by stitching just a quarter of an inch inside each seam line. Rather than marking the quilt, this can be easily done by using the edge of your sewing machine foot as a guide, and adjusting the needle position so that the stitches are the required distance from the seam line.
I decided to also cross hatch through all the white squares. This does require some minimal marking. I used a Clover Chaco marker for this and I prefer to use white. Although the white on white is barely visible it does the job. I prefer not to use colored chalk on white fabric as I find it can leave a colored mark on the white fabric as well as the stitching thread.
I used 100% cotton Aurifil Mako thread again in 40/2 weight. I has a really nice sheen to it which fits in well with the overall "prettiness" of this quilt. The stitch length I used was 4 mm.
This is what the back of the quilt looks like:
The birdcage fabric is terribly cute and is called Tweet Tweet by Michael Miller.
This quilt is ready for its binding!